February 8, 2010

Quoting on Monday

Aurian by Maggie Furey, is too quotable. Everything I read I'm constantly thinking, "Oh, that's too good." So I've restricted what I'm writing down. Sadly that means I only have one quote. It's a good one though, and my first serious one.

"But how would you feel if you were in my place? You don't know what it's like to have nothing - no freedom, no future, no hope! To always force yourself to be respectful, to watch each word lest you're punished for speaking out of turn, to always be at someone's beck and call. You and the Lady Aurian have a place in the world. You have respect; you have each other to love, and to love you. Can I ever hope for that? I'm a bondservant - I'm not free to love. Can you imagine how lonely that can be? For the rest of my life I'll have nothing to look forward to - nothing and no one of my own!" -Anvar

No comments: