April 12, 2010

Adventures of the Sick and Preorders

I'm under the weather today, and all last weekend, so I'm kind of shaking things up for this post. I was too lazy with my cold to write any favorite quotes down—I'll be honest, the books were to good to stop for silly little things like quotes. So today I'm continuing my pre-ordering adventure, and will share last weeks purchases. Sorry, for missing Sunday Sweets, again under the weather.


For last week I stopped (with my mom who found the place) at a used book store and got a lot of random books on Saturday. A bag full for $7, unfortunately I had a hard time filling that bag up. All of the good books were what they were selling on line, and I'm to lazy to look in the bag for the titles. So I'm just going share the ones I can remember, and I'm really excited for!




Wish You Were Here (Mrs. Murphy, #1) Murder at Monticello (Mrs. Murphy, #3)  Sour Puss (Mrs. Murphy, #14)


Deceived (Silhouette Bombshell) Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, # 3)
Just click on th book if you want more information on the title. The Mrs. Murphy Mysteries, I am really excited to read, luckily I did get book one. Sizzle and Burn is book 3 in the series, I think I'll read it with out the others. Deceived, just sounds too cool, and my second Silhouette title.

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)Wings (Wings, #1)

Now my first two preorder titles and the updates. Awakening and Wings, both released on April 6. Awakening had shipping info on April 6, but didn't officially ship until April 7. Official arrival date, April 12, today. (Which was nice because I took a sick day, and between naps devoured it.) Borders was sold out the day of, and will being getting more in next week. (Hopefully.)

Wings, however, had shipping info on April 6, but is a fair away dream. In fact, this is the message:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 9, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Which just means it has not been shipped. Still beats Borders. When I called my local store about this paperback release, they gave me a faint answer saying maybe in May or June they would have it. However, I could order it in at full price. The discount on this title was nice, very nice on line beating even a 40% at Borders.

So far preorders (provided by Overstock) is winning over Borders, price, convince, and so far delivery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better.

I haven't read Rita Mae Brown yet, but I've read a few titles by Jayne Ann Krentz.

The Reckoning and Wings both look good.

Jess Haines said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Get some rest, curl up with some good books, and feel better soon!

-J

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

Ahh, thanks guys. Trust me, I'm putting my sick time to good reading use. When I have enough energy to hold up the book. ^_- During those times I've been watching Doctor Who, I'm now officially a fan!

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

Wow, I gotta shop online! I am such an oldie... I havent shopped online since Ebay some 5 years ago. Mostly, my hubby does tho.

And $7 for a bag full of used books! Love it! and great looking books too!=)