May 10, 2010

Month by Month: March and April

I was lazy (and sick a lot) so I didn't get March's Month by Month posted, so to get caught up I'm grouping March and April together.
Books of March

  • Three days to Dead by Kelly Meding


  • Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson


  • Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


  • The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, book 1) by E.D. Baker


  • Gideon (The Nightwalkers, book 2) by Jacquelyn Frank



  • Books of April

  • Wit'ch Fire by James Clemens


  • Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, book 4) by Richelle Mead 


  • Succubus Shadows (Gorgina Kincaid, book 5) by Richelle Mead


  • The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong


  • Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill


  • Marked by Passion by Kate Perry


  • Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep



  • Top of the Pile:
    March- Three days to Dead by Kelly Meding
    April: The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
    Bottom of the Pile:
    March: The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, book 1) by E.D. Baker
    April: Wit'ch Fire by James Clemens

    Challenges:
    March: Brought me up to book 17 out of 100 on the 100+ Reading Challenge in 2010. Finish that Series Challenge 2010 still stood at 0 out of 20.

    April: Ends at 23 out of 100 for the 100+ Reading Challenge in 2010. Finally some progress on the Series Challenge, 1 out of 20.
    Books Transformed!
    March and April saw a lot of DVD releases of some movies based on books, so I thought I'd do some thing extra here. I'm just going to share a little bit of my opinion on the ending results.  (The ratings are based on how I review my books.)
    •  Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging
    Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)This book had interested me for while, mainly because of the awesome title. Sadly it's outside of my usual genre coverage and I never bothered to read it. Luckily for me it suddenly popped up as a rental in the Red Box. Truly this movie was just an average tale about a slightly nerdy girl trying to make this year the year she gets everything. She wants her Sex God (hot guy), good snogging, and to drop the popular girl from her rain of supremacy. Perhaps it was the British humor and slang, but I fell in love with it! Sure if I was reading it I would have been bored to tears, but the movie was really fun. The actors were too much fun to watch!

    Rating: 3/5

    • The Time Traveler's WifeThe Time Traveler's Wife
    I've always loved the idea behind The Time Traveler's Wife, the idea of a love story happening on so many levels: past, present, and future. Unfortunately I've never been able to get into the book, I've tried so many times, even after watching the move I tried again. Luckily I completely enjoyed the movie and I was allowed to finally experience this fantastic story.  The movie is told in such a way that you never lose track of where you are a jumping through time. It's been such a long time since I've watched a movie where I've been completely involved in the characters on screen. The wife's pain was so tangible and the relationship is beautiful to watch. For anyone who may not have watched it I don't want to give too much away. You just have to experience it.

    Rating: 5/5

    • New Moon (Twilight, #2)New Moon
    First off, I hate Twilight. (Note, I'm not saying dislike, that's to light a term.) I enjoyed the first book and I really enjoyed the first movie, Twilight. New Moon was where I started to hate the series. Sticky points for me were Bella's complete depression with night terror and self loathing/hatred/pity. Oh, and I can't forget those Edward hallucinations, trust me I could go on, but I don't want to spread the hate. (Plus I know I'm probably going to hear grief about this. ^_-) So I was really iffy about the movie. I really wanted to love it, but I new if it stuck to the book I was going to hate it.  The movie really did stick with the book really well. But . . . I enjoyed it! Sure I was laughing my had off at the hallucinations (seriously I was tearing up I was laughing so hard). Some how it works on screens, I found humor in her misery and I got involved in the movie in away I couldn't allow myself to in the book. Plus, I think there was more action with the evil redheaded-vampire. So I'm way pleased with this movie adaptation, because at last I can enjoy the Twilight series. Can't wait for the next movie!

    Rating: 4/5

    • The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1)The Princess and the Frog
    This movie was inspired by The Frog Princess, which I read just before the movie came out. (Sadly I haven't posted a review yet for it.) In this case a can strongly say I like the movie better then the book. The book was really cute, don't get me wrong. Disney adaptation just had more. I liked the prince in this one where in the book I didn't, and so on. My only compliant with the movie is the music, it just didn't seem as awesome as the other princess movies Disney has put out. Usually the lyrics stick in my head and I'm trying to get a hold of the soundtrack ASAP. In this case I think the movie would of almost been better with out music, even the evil villain song wasn't catching. (I have a thing for evil villain songs, they simply rock!)

    Rating: 4/5

    I know there are a lot of other book to movie adaptations that came out in April, but I didn't watch them until May. So I'm saving them for that Month by Month. Feel free to let me know what you thought about any of them, I'm really curious!

    On a side note:
    I'm going to be traveling this week, a wonderful family vacation. So I might be hard put on getting a INTERNET connection this week. Our ending destination, my Grandmas, will have a connection so I'll still continue to blog. Where ever theres a connection I will try and post regularly, but I will put up a notice when I'm going to be out and about. I'm hoping this VK time will give me a chance to catch up on my reviews, which I got behind on because of poor health.


     Trying to figure out which books to bring along is panning out to be really hard. It's worse then figuring out which clothes, shoes, and jewelry to bring combined!

    No comments: