August 29, 2010

Sunday Sweets


This is just a fun meme, hosted by The Story Siren called In My Mailbox, to find new books and see what everyone got this week. (All cover are linked to goodreads so feel free to add them to your shelves.)

Feels so good to have gotten some yummy books this week, last week was such a dry spell.

From my local thrift store I found some real gems, and they're all just like new!!
Dragon Keeper (The Dragonkeeper series #1)

Dragon Keeper is a title I've never heard of. After reader the first few pages it seems quite good!!

The Dark Hills Divide (The Land of Elyon #1)Tenth City (The Land Of Elyon #3)
The Land of Elyon series is one I have been eyeballing for quite a while, it's just a sad fact that I don't believe in forking out money for independent readers. So when I saw book 3 sitting on the shelf I had to get it, I was a little sad it was book 3 instead of 1. To my surprise the next day we went into a different thrift store in the next town, they had book 1! So now all I need is book 2, and apparently 4. Let's just say I'm a happy thrift store shopper. It's the hunt.

The Hostile Hospital (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #8)


After buying the final four books in the series I realized I needed to reread them because I had read the previous books when I was in Junior high, safe to say it's been a while. I don't want to buy them new so I've been slowly finding them in new condition from local thrift stores. I've got 1-5 and now 8-13, so close!!

Up next I got some good coupons for Borders and I had to get some new releases.

Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10)

Of course I had to get Cole's new book, that's why I've been munching down on her books lately. I've already devoured Demon From the Dark, Cole didn't disappoint! (My review will be up later.)

Sin Undone (Demonica, #5)

Again it strikes me how awesome this cover is! Hands down my favorite cover for this series!!

Hope you all made as good a hull as me this week, if not better.

4 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Brilliant books! I can't wait to read your reviews of them :) Happy reading!

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

I can't wait to review them either!!

firepages said...

Awesome books! It's always exciting to find great titles at the used bookstore! I need to do some online shopping for my Sony eReader.

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

Enjoy the book shopping! It's the best kind of shopping!