September 22, 2010

Clash of the Covers

Clash of the Covers is where I can show case new covers for books that have already been released. Or even compare covers that are being released in different countries.

Devon Monks’ Allie Beckstrom series is getting published over in good old Germany.

American cover: German cover:
Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, #1)

Personally I think the German cover looks a little too YA.  Allie is what in her middle or late 20’s?  The German cover just makes her look really young to me.  In this Cover Clash, I think the American cover comes out on top.

Elizabeth Vaughan’s Chronicles of the Warlands are getting a re-release and a make over.  I feel a little upset, it took me forever to hunt down book one for my collection.  After all that hard hunting it’s getting re-released.

Old cover: New cover:
Warprize (Chronicles of the Warlands, #1) warprizenew

I’ve always appreciated the old cover (and may I say I did not pay 4.99 for the special addition, evil Amazon sales people!), but the new one is so pretty.  The whole look is just so seducing to the eyes.  Really tempted to by this new release.  (My copy was not bought in new condition.)  So I think the re-release smacks the poor old cover down!

Which covers do you like best?

No comments: