March 22, 2011

Author Gossip(7) and Cover Coveting(5)

As a reader I always want the download on what's going on with authors. Do they have new books coming out, how the latest tour going, any thing juicy! So, I decided to bring the news to my readers. I'm lurking around all of those author blogs anyway, might as well do something productive.

Man spring keeps fighting to take its rightful place in the change of the seasons, but winter is dead set on holding on. Sadly the flu as been dead set on holding on to the masses. Sadly I have recently been one of the casualties of the flu--if you couldn't tell by my lack of posts for a bit. So I'm up and posting again, trying not to recatch the cold from my sick family member.


Nothing makes me giddier then awards!!  It’s fun seeing what the “people” think are the best movies, shows, and BOOKS.   Especially books.  So what I was most excited about was to see which books got nominated.  As you can see below they are some really goodies for the Teen Choice Book of the year.  You can check out other finalists on this link if you’re curious to who else made the ranks.

Will Grayson, Will GraysonSpirit Bound (Vampire Academy, Book 5)Fang: A Maximum Ride NovelBurned (House of Night, Book 7)Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)

Luckily for us we don’t have to wait to find out who won, the results are already up.

The Children's Choice Book Award winners are as follows:

Author of the Year

James Patterson for Max (A Maximum Ride Novel) (Little, Brown)

Illustrator of the Year

Peter Brown for The Curious Garden (Little, Brown)

Kindergarten to Second Grade Book of the Year

Lulu the Big Little Chick written and illustrated by Paulette Bogan (Bloomsbury USA)

Third Grade to Fourth Grade Book of the Year

Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute written and illustrated by Jarrett J. Krosoczka (Knopf/Random House)

Fifth Grade to Sixth Grade Book of the Year

Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-so-fabulous Life written and illustrated by Rachel Renee Russell (Aladdin/Simon & Schuster)

Teen Choice Book of the Year

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Scholastic) (Source site)

Knight Angels: Book One: Book of LoveKnight Angels: Book of Revenge (Book Two)The covers for the Knight Angles series are pretty gorgeous, so I was very excited when author Abra Ebner posted her new cover.  Here’s the catch, Ebner is  only posting puzzle pieces of the cover over a couple of days.  Now she’s not only doing this to draw out the suspense.  If you follow along can put the puzzle together! She has stated whether there’s a prize at the end, but if your a fan you might as well join in at her site.  Here’s the first post to join in the cover unveiling fun! City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments, Book 4)

Fans are gearing up for the release of Cassandra Clare’s City of Fallen Angels.  Books are being preordered, the battle over signed copies are gruesome.  I confess I’m one of the many out there battling it out for one of those copies.  Now you might have a chance to catch Clare on her book tour if you lucked out on getting a signed copy online!! Her tour dates are official and up right here!

Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2)

After finishing Grave Witch (Alex Craft, Book 1) back in November I’ve been hanging on the release of the debut novels sequel Grave Dance: An Alex Craft Novel .  So it’s almost just as exciting as finally finding out what the latest cover is.  What is it?  The first excerpt of Grave Dance!!  Ah, it just gets you chomping at the bit for it doesn’t it!!  It will be  a painful wait until July 5th.

 

Now on to some awesome trailers!! I have to thank from a certain someone from Zeitghost Media for emailing me the trailers for Shimmer and Invincible.

Information on the books in the trailers.

Shimmer: A Riley Bloom Book (Radiance) Invincible: The Chronicles of Nick Half-Blood (A Covenant Novel)
More about Shimmer. Read an excerpt! More about Half-Blood

 

 

Cover art may not be final!


Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers

Source:  Author’s Blog

Shera’s Thoughts:  The Australian one is too simple, I would never pick a book up off the shelf with that cover!  The German one is stunning, but there are too many others like it out there.

Australian: German:
Aus_OriginalSin german_AngelEyes_P05-2[1]

 

Author’s Thoughts:

I just got the okay from my Australian publisher to post my Australian Original Sin cover. So, *drumroll* here it is! 
It's very simple, but very cool. I like the light and dark, and the font is way creepy. Original Sin isn't listed in the Pan Macmillan catalog yet, so I don't know the release date, but Personal Demons released there a few weeks after the US release, so, I'm speculating August, maybe.
Also, for those of you who may have missed it a while back, here's my German Personal Demons cover.
My German publisher obviously changed the title. (Gabe loves it ;p) The tag line says "Between Heaven and Hell." The German pub date for Angel Eyes (Personal Demons) is August 1st :p
What do you think? I love them both =)  -Lisa Desrocers

USA Version:
Original Sin

Indelible by Lani Woodland

Source:  goodreads 

Shera’s Thoughts:  It’s a beautiful cover, but it’s a bit disappointing after the first one.  The unique pose of the cover model had me hoping they would be doing the second book in the same dramatic effect.   The pillars, mist, and water do make a pretty cover.  The red dress is starting to get over used.

 INdelbile I fix

Author’s Thoughts: N/A

Previous Books:
Intrinsical

Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh

Source:  goodreads 

Shera’s Thoughts:  Love that they used the same cover models, but the cover is a fail in my book.  The first cover is so eye-catching with the composition of the characters.  The second cover has been done to many times, creepy guy in the background check.

 enshadowed

Author’s Thoughts: N/A

Previous Books:
Nevermore

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Source:  goodreads

Shera’s Thoughts:  Sure I’m a sucker for a pretty rose, but this is simply stunning!  The smoke effect is truly amazing on this cover I’ve already forgotten the awesomeness of book 1.  This needs to be on my wall in a nice frame so I could get lost in it.  This new cover has me beyond ecstatic for the Half-Blood!

 Fire flower

Author’s Thoughts: N/A

Previous Books:
Half-Blood (A Covenant Novel)

No comments: