March 15, 2011

Cover Coveting(5)

As promised I went hunting, and boy did I find some goodies! About the picture size I lied.  Let’s see those hot little numbers as big as I can get them!  After all there’s no better way to covet them.


Darkness Rising by Keri Author

Source:  Keri Author

Shera’s Thoughts:  Dang it is good.  Something about blondes in a good black dress always makes for good covers.  In this case this UK version blows the American cover right out of the water!

  druk

Author’s Thoughts:

love, love, love it!

USA Cover:
krusa

Crossed by Ally Condie

Source:  Ally Condie

Shera’s Thoughts:  The first cover stunned me, and this one does just as good a job.  Instead of just pushing against the bubble, she’s breaking out!

 Crossed_enhanced1

Author’s Thoughts:

It's beautiful.

Perfect.

I love the way she has shattered the bubble and is breaking free. LOVE. It's exactly what happens in this part of Cassia's story.

And I love the color. (And yes, for those of you who asked, the green cover of MATCHED and the blue cover of CROSSED do represent the tablets, as well as other thematic elements in the books.)

The model, photographer, and designer are the same talented people who worked on MATCHED and I think they've done an incredible job.

Don't you?

Previous Books:
Matched. Ally Condie

The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity

Faegen

Source:  goodreads

Shera’s Thoughts:  This is good stuff! The background is haunting and the model has a unique pose.  The way she’s holding up her skirts just grabs the eye, plus her blonde hair against the darkness looks wicked!

 MetaConvent

Author’s Thoughts:

My joy, let me show you it! I have a cover!

Previous Books:
N/A

Die For Me by Amy Plum

Source:  goodreads

Shera’s Thoughts:  Look out cover makeover.  The boat was cool, but the new cover is stunning. Seeing a roof top view of Paris with a red “sky” is stunning. Plus the girl is interesting, and the design work around the top of the book is too gorgeous.

 dieforme2

Author’s Thoughts:

Well I got a note from my editor three weeks ago telling me that when the marketing people at Harper saw the British cover, they fell in love with it. And though everyone raved about the Kate-in-a-Boat cover, Kate-on-a-Roof seemed like a "bigger" cover to "people in positions of power". So they got in touch with Little, Brown UK, got Atom's jacket files, and tweaked them a little bit to create this…the NEW HarperTeen cover of DIE FOR ME:

. . .

BUT…as I said on Facebook yesterday, even though I love the new cover, I also loved the old one, so it is sad to say goodbye. And the saddest part of all is that we won't have the lovely Michelle Cartwright gracing the cover. But Michelle – if you're reading this, I want you to know that you will ALWAYS be Cover-Kate in my mind.

Old Cover:
dieforme1

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn

Davies

Source:  goodreads

Shera’s Thoughts:  Simply stunning.  Never thought white on white could looks so good.  The Typography is top notch and the pose of the model is breath taking.  It’s like she’s taking a the plunge, and her expression is so quizzical in the fact that I can’t really name the expression.

 abeautifuldark

Author’s Thoughts: N/A

Previous Books:
N/A

No comments: