August 23, 2011

Author Gossip(2) & Cover Coveting(4)

Cha-cha-cha changes! And I wasn’t kidding! 

As you can see the the blog has gone under some modifications and now some of the posting styles.  Let me know what you think.  Right now I’m aiming for a more polished look. Hopefully.


Darkfever (Fever Series, Book 1)
Certain books you’re just waiting about the news that they’ve been optioned for a movie.  Others you just know will never make it.  Mostly certain PNR titles. However, if the relatively clean Sookie Stackhouse books can be made into dirty HBO junk it starts giving you hope.  One of those hopeful titles is now getting some daylight.

Karen Marie Moning’s Darkfever series has been optioned by Dreamworks!!  The buzz has been all over the place.  So I feel the need to be a kill joy.  You’ll remember quite a long while back—probably only I remember—that I posted that 20th Century Fox under its New Regency banner had acquired the rights.  That’s the problem, rights get acquired all the time, there’s no guarantee that it will actually make it to the big screen.  So until the director is picked, and the script writer gets fired up, I won’t hold my breath.(Source)

Wicked Enchantment (Dark Magick, Book 1)
On the shorter side the fabulous Anya Bast will be starting a new series called Brotherhood of the Damned. The first book is called Embraced of the Damned. Not much has been released about the series.  So far I’m convinced it’s a vampire themed series.  She’s done Witches and Fairies, with all new twists.  So I’m hoping she’ll add her own spin on Vampires or Werewolves next. 

It’s sad to see the Dark Magick series coming to an end, but I know Bast will keep us on our toes for her new series!


All cover art is not final!!


Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

bloodrose

Get the book: Bloodrose: A Nightshade Novel
Source: Goodreads 
Genre: Paranormal YA
Series: Nightshade, Book 3

Shera’s Thoughts: 

Pretty sure I’ve posted this before, but a pretty cover is ment to be shared.

Author’s Thoughts:

N/A

Previous Books:

Wolfsbane (Nightshade, Book 2)Nightshade: Book 1

Witchful Thinking by H.P. Mallory

witchfulthinking

Get the book: Witchful Thinking
Source: N/A
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Jolie Wilkins, book 3

Shera’s Thoughts: These area tad to cartoony and childish for me. However, this has to be the best cover this series has recieved!

Author’s Thoughts:

N/A

Previous Books:

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble: The Jolie Wilkins Series, Book 1Toil and Trouble, a Paranormal Romance (Jolie Wilkins Series, Book # 2)

Horizan by Sophie Littlefield

horizon

Get the book: N/A
Source: Wicked Scribes
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Dystopian with Zombies
Series: Aftertime, Book 3

Shera’s Thoughts: 

This series has pretty awesome zombie covers. By that I mean I don’t want to throw the cover across the room! 

Zombies on covers freak me out.

Author’s Thoughts:

N/A

Previous Books:

Aftertime (Luna Books)Rebirth (Luna Books)

Tempted by Blood by Laurie London

temptedbyblood

Get the book: Tempted by Blood
Source: Wicked Scribes
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Sweetblood, Book 3

Shera’s Thoughts: 

Stunning indeed.  Yet the lighting and the blue hew don’t mix well.

I’ll take the authors lead and get lost in his eyes.

Author’s Thoughts:

I wasn't sure I had the okay to show the cover for Jackson and Arianna's story, Tempted By Blood, but it's showing up out there, so I wanted to make sure you all saw it. It's the third book in the Sweetblood series and it'll be out early next year. I'm loving this cover!!!

Originally scheduled for release in February (some digital catalogs have it listed for late January), it might actually get moved to March, depending on my publisher's schedule. I should have an official release date soon. And when I do, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I'm going to get lost in those eyes...

Previous Books:

Bonded by Blood (Hqn)Embraced by Blood (Hqn)

4 comments:

Jess Haines said...

Another cover to check out (I don't recall seeing it in one of your previous posts, so forgive me if you did) is Kristen Painter's BLOOD RIGHTS. I got an ARC at Authors After Dark in Philly, and it is gorgeous! The book is good, too. ;)

<3,
-J

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

It is a beautiful cover, it was in a post back in April. But thanks for reminding me, it looks like the other two books now have yummy covers!!

Looks like I'm going to have to do another CC post.

Let me know what you think of Blood Rights I've been drooling over it since I first saw the cover.

Jess Haines said...

I gave it a 4/5. It had a couple of logic points that made me 0.o but overall I really liked it. It reminded me of the good ol' days of roleplaying on AOL, lol.

I'll be posting my review of it on my blog after I finally finish putting together my Authors After Dark post. Probably by Monday.

<3,
-J

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

Very nice. I'll keep an eye out for it!

Now I'm beyond curious to read it!