October 11, 2013

Cover Coveting(6)


Cover art is found from Wicked Scribes, ATUF, Goodreads, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

I’m a little short on time


Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon

Original cover:

dk


dark-lover Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood, book 1 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

Seems like all of “classics” are starting to get makeovers. I’m fine with the old cover.

I don’t like it when my PNR men look fake on the covers. Plus, I have a sweet spot for “couple covers”.  Because it ain’t all about the man!

Dark Moon by Kate Douglas

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


dark-moon Series: Spirit Wild, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

The cynic in my just knows that these covers are bad. But I like them. Why! Why! My cover lusting mind is so confused!

Besides the horrible blending of the animal on the rocks, the author’s name is taking focus. Never have, and never will, like that. Title should be the dominant text on the cover. Always.

Demon Chained by Erica Hayes

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


demon-chained Series: The Shadowfae Chronicles, book 5

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

This book is not being put out by Martin’s Press. In fact, all I can find is kindle edition. So I’m assuming the author as gone rogue. Maybe the publisher wouldn’t pick up more books . . . or who knows.

Either way I like that the cover is attempting to still look “professional”. The man’s face looks weird. Other than that, me likey!

Divided by Elsie Chapman

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


divided Series: Dualed, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian

Shera’s thoughts:

You all know I don’t like covers that really don’t say “Hey, this is my genre!” I see that there are to real girls there, but how do we know they’re sci/fi.

That aside. Cool beans!

East of Ecstasy by Laura Kaye

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


East of Ecstasy Series: Hearts of the Anemoi, book 4

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: N/A

Shera’s thoughts:

None of this series covers really float my boat. Yet there is something about this cover that makes me feel drawn to it. Hypnotized.

I have a feeling it’s the bun. The bun in is hair! (Pervs.) It is a bun isn’t? Maybe a hair knot . . . it’s . . . so . . . puzzling.

Evertrue by Brodi Ashton

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


evertrue Series: Everneath, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal YA

Shera’s thoughts:

Beautiful dress covers done right!! Me lusty!

No comments: