October 9, 2013

Wednesday Wishes (Read-Now Edition)

Decided to go through my shelves a bit ago, if you saw some of the mass movements going onto my TBR pile. I decided to make a shelf for titles I “want now” and ones to “read-now”. So now I’m gonna pull a few titles from my “read-now” shelf.


Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London

darkness-before-dawnGet it: Amazon | Goodreads
Genre: YA Dystopian
Series: Darkness Before Dawn, book 1

Only sunlight can save us.

We built the wall to keep them out, to keep us safe. But it also makes us prisoners, trapped in what's left of our ravaged city, fearing nightfall.

After the death of my parents, it's up to me—as the newest delegate for humanity—to bargain with our vampire overlord. I thought I was ready. I thought I knew everything there was to know about the monsters. Then again, nothing could have prepared me for Lord Valentine . . . or his son. Maybe not all vampires are killers. Maybe it's safe to let one in.

Only one thing is certain: Even the wall is not enough. A war is coming and we cannot hide forever.

All right, I’ve been coveting this bad boy since before the awesomeness of Immortal Rules. In fact, I would have read this one first if I hadn’t bought Immortal Rules first. When I finally bought this one it got lost in my TBR pile! There is a curse of having too many books, lost titles.

Luminous by Dawn Metcalf

luminousGet it: Amazon | Goodreads
Genre: Paranormal YA
Series: N/A

As reality slips and time stands still, Consuela finds herself thrust into the world of the Flow. Removed from all she loves into this shifting world overlapping our own, Consuela quickly discovers she has the power to step out of her earthly skin and cloak herself in new ones—skins made from the world around her, crafted from water, fire, air. She is joined by other teens with extraordinary abilities, bound together to safeguard a world they can affect, but where they no longer belong.

When murder threatens to undo the Flow, the Watcher charges Consuela and elusive, attractive V to stop the killer. But the psychopath who threatens her new world may also hold the only key to Consuela’s way home.

Yep. The cover. It had me from first glance. Even though I forgot what the book was about, the title, and the author’s name. This cover haunted me!

The Trouble With Fate by Leigh Evans

the-trouble-with-fateGet it: Amazon | Goodreads
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Mystwalker, book 1

Meet Hedi Peacock. She's half Fae. Half Were. And all trouble…

I Have Two Words For Werewolves:
My name is Hedi Peacock and I have a secret. I’m not human, and I have the pointy Fae ears and Were inner-bitch to prove it. As fairy tales go, my childhood was damn near perfect, all fur and magic until a werewolf killed my father and the Fae executed my mother. I’ve never forgiven either side. Especially Robson Trowbridge. He was a part-time werewolf, a full-time bastard, and the first and only boy I ever loved. That is, until he became the prime suspect in my father’s death…

Bite Me.

Today I’m a half-breed barista working at a fancy coffee house, living with my loopy Aunt Lou and a temperamental amulet named Merry, and wondering where in the world I’m going in life. A pretty normal existence, considering. But when a pack of Weres decides to kidnap my aunt and force me to steal another amulet, the only one who can help me is the last person I ever thought I’d turn to: Robson Trowbridge. And he’s as annoyingly beautiful as I remember. That’s the trouble with fate: Sometimes it barks. Other times it bites. And the rest of the time it just breaks your heart. Again…

Oh, the shame. Yeah. Totally forgot about this one. No really. When I saw it my thoughts were “Holy crap!! I really-really-really-really wanted to read this one!” Yeah. And I forgot. This is another victim of TBR overload.

No comments: