November 23, 2015

Cover Coveting(10)

 
Cover art is found from Wicked Scribes, ATUF, Goodreads, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

OK, I am soooooooooo far behind on the lovely covers, but I decided for my first Cover Coveting post that I’d focus on some of the covers I’ve been looking forward to seeing. You know the ones that you secretly check for more then once a month.


Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Fire Touched Series: Mercy Thompson, book 9

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

OK. OK. I know all you hard core fans have seen it. But I still want to talk about it.

The fire monster behind her is A-mazing. That tied up crop top shit still annoys me, but I’ve made peace with it. It’s just the way of these covers.

Mercy looks so badass and I love the colors and pretty much everything about this cover.

Alien in Chief by Gini Koch

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Alien in Chief Series: Katherine “Kitty” Katt (AKA Alien Novles), book 12

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Science Fiction

Shera’s thoughts:

Man, I love the covers for this series. Everytime I see them I just want to read them! In fact the covers a so awesome I bought many without having read the first book!

This one is just as awesome and I love that it’s a bit more simple. And this is how action should be done!

Though I have to ask why the midriff top? Don’t tell me it’s because it’s in style right now.

Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Flamecaster Series: Shattered Realms, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Ah. Inanimate object cover!!! Oh, boy! Doesn’t it looks stunning?

Note the city scape on the horizon, it’s so lovely and well done! It fleshes out the cover without taking away the focus from the amulet thingy.

It fits in well as a continuation cover for a new series taking place 20 years after the Seven Realms series.

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon

Previous Series:
The Mortal Instruments Goodreads | Amazon
The Infernal Devices Goodreads | Amazon


Lady Midnight Series: The Dark Artifices, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

The covers for this series have been all right for the first three of TMI, then the next three got better. The Infernal Devices covers were pretty good.

However this cover is the best yet! It’s like they’ve all been leading up to this one! It’s amazing. Combining the dress look, the floating water thing, and a nifty looking sword. All great cover hype things combined for this magical beauty!

Soldier by Julie Kagawa

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Soldier Series: The Talon Saga, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

OK, I have been in love with the dragon scale covers. They’re so freaking A-mazing! But even I knew that they couldn’t keep doing it. I thought maybe they’d start moving on to other parts of the dragon.

However, this chainmail is freaking amazing! Especially that hint of blood.

I wonder if they’re going to run out of words with “O”s that fit the series? Notice the cool dragons in each one are different? Awesome.

The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Beauty of Darkness Series: The Remnant Chronicles, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

Wow! I love this cover. But I’m starting to see a theme with women with swords . . . in dresses. Just saying.

Love how she’s facing an army. An army of undead? It would fit with the series.

The Flame Never Dies by Rachel Vincent

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Flame Never Dies Series: The Stars Never Rise, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

I adored the last cover especailly the typography! So instead of a fading the lettering it is whisping away. So awesome!

Love the look of the feather and the detail in it.

The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Glittering Court Series: The Glittering Court, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Mead has had a notoris history of bad covers. Except lately. This one is pretty good for her. And the last one, Soundless.

Maybe this will be a new direction for her. Though I have to admit Soundless still holds the crown for best Mead cover.

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Raven King Series: The Raven Cycle, book 4

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

Oh. My. Bookness.

YESSSSSSSSS!

I adore the covers for this series, but this. Oh, this one is the best one yet!! It’s stunning. Everything about it.

Bravo. Bravo.

The Visitor by Amanda Stevens

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Visitor Series: Graveyard Queen, book 4

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

So sue me, I liked the previous covers for this series. They were unique and enjoyed them.

This was not what I was expecting. and to be honest I dislike it sooooooooooo much.

Oh, well. All of the other covers I’ve been waiting for make it all better.

1 comment:

ryan said...

and love penetrates all, even the depth of death.