March 24, 2016

Review: Bind the Soul

Bind the Soul (Steel & Stone, book 2) by Annette Marie

Bind the Soul  (Steel & Stone #2)

Genre: Young Adult Urban Fantasy
Edition Reviewed: Ebook
Amazon: Paperback | Kindle
Goodreads: Bind the Soul (2)

The most important rule for an Apprentice Consul is simple: Don't get involved with daemons. Well, Piper is planning to break that rule — big time.

After a near-deadly scandal with the Sahar Stone, she has the chance to return to the only life she's ever wanted. All she has to do to keep her Apprenticeship is forget about Ash and Lyre. Ash might be enigmatic and notoriously lethal, and Lyre might be as sinfully irresistible as he is irritating, but they’re not bad for a couple of daemons.

There's just one problem: Ash is missing.

Really, she shouldn't risk her future for him. He lied. He betrayed her. But he also saved her life, damn it. Wherever he is, he's in trouble, and if she doesn't save his sorry butt, who will? But with every dangerous secret she unravels, each one darker than the last, she slips deeper into Ash's world — a world with no escape for either of them.


Review:

Holy bookworm! I can't believe this series came on my radar last December. For shame! This is why I FREAKING love Urban Fantasy. This is what I've missed from Young Adult Urban Fantasy (Paranormal). Bind the Soul may have started out a little weak, it really took off. Piper may even makes some annoying choices and moves, but I like that she learns from these mistakes. Bind the Soul shook me out of my reading block!!

Some more details are given about the current world of Steel & Stone and I enjoyed it. Sadly this book doesn't really get to explore that world. Like the first book I do want more of the world. Instead of consulates, clubs, hospitals, apartments, and fight rings. (Which were all super entertaining!) The earth of this series really intrigues me. However, it was all made better. Because we get to go to the Underworld!

Oh, and Annette Marie doesn't waste any time. Plot lines that I thought would be dragged out for multiple books were seriously developed! Questions as to what Ashe's reason for being a slave to Samael isn't just answered. Nothing is left in the dark! (I won't say what it is if you didn't guess it from the last book.) The history behind the Sahar Stone is A-mazing. I love magical artifacts, especially if they might be sentient. Because how an inanimate object becomes sentient is usually deliciously, disturbingly gruesome! Either because someone wants it so bad . . . or are betrayed.

Bind the Soul is amazing. Piper is amazing. I love books that don't beat around the bush, but chop that thorny thing down! The romance, plot, action, and everything is just—bookworms of gloriousness. This is what I want. Nay. What I NEED from my paranormal YA!!! Bless you Annette Marie. Bless you. Now for the impossible, to keep myself from jumping on the next book so I stay in pace with my buddy read.

Sexual Content: Some minor dark themes, nothing gets over the top. Some make out scenes, but I'm not telling with whom.

 
5/5- Fabulous, a beautiful obsession!


Previous book(s) in series:
Reviewed on BW: Amazon: Goodreads:

Chase the Dark (1)
Bind the Soul (2)
Yield the Night (3)
Reap the Shadows (4)
Unleash the Storm (5)



Chase the Dark (1)
Bind the Soul (2)
Yield the Night (3)
Reap the Shadows (4)
Unleash the Storm (5)

Chase the Dark (1)
Bind the Soul (2)
Yield the Night (3)
Reap the Shadows (4)
Unleash the Storm (5)

No comments: