April 5, 2016

Cover Coveting (7)

 
Cover art is found from Wicked Scribes, ATUF, Goodreads, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

If you don't follow me over on Goodreads I've been talking about how I finally finished the final season of True Blood.

Which prompted me to start my reread of the Sookie Stackhouse books. You know to brainwash myself into only remembering the books. ^_-

I stand by what I said. True Blood was always a mess, but it was a horrible crash on fire after season 3.


Between the Bleeding Willows by D.A. Roach

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Between the Bleeding Willows (Demon Hunter #1) by D. A. Roach Series: The Demon Hunter series, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

The girl is very modern, and covered! This actually really works.

The cover designer(s) did a good job blending the girl in with the awesome typography and the dramatic background.

Curse on the Land by Faith Hunter

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Curse on the Land Series: Soulwood, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I love how well these covers fit with the Jane Yellowrock series, but it's clear it's a different series.

I love the swirl affect here. Like she's being pulled into a magical spell or something.

Well done!

Glitter by Aprilynne Pike

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Glitter Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: ?

Breaking Bad meets Marie Antoinette in a near-future world where the residents of Versailles live like it’s the eighteenth century and an almost-queen turns to drug dealing to save her own life.



Shera’s thoughts:

Huh. It's a very interesting cover. You can see the Victorian look, and I like the clouds in her hair.

Book Title by

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Goldenhand  (Abhorsen #5) Series: Abhorsen, book 5

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I miss the old artwork, but this is nice. Not as boring as the new covers that have come out for the first books in the series.

I like all the symbols in the sky and the dramatic blew flame symbol coming from the cloud/sky.

Hunted by Magic by Jasmine Walt

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Hunted by Magic Series: The Bain Chronicles, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: New Adult, Paranormal, Steampunk

Shera’s thoughts:

I love the artwork for the covers of this series.

It reminds me how much I miss real artwork on covers.

Thank you.

Immortal Nights by Lynsay Sands

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Immortal Nights (Argeneau #24) Series: Argeneau, book 24

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

It's dramatic. Normally I loath covers like this, but I enjoy his smolder look combined with the dripping water.

Dungeon Crawl by Annie Bellet

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Dungeon Crawl  (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #8) Series: The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, book 8

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

So this covers always have a little "off" or sometimes cheesy quality. But they pull it off and work.

I think this is my favorite one so far! Not to mention that the title and image make me think of Jade's contest love of D&D.

Feel the fangirl power.

No comments: