May 23, 2016

Urban Fantasy, Gone Self-Pub Part 2

 

Here we are again. Ff you missed my first post and explanation of self pub you can click here.

This will be my last post—for now—for my Urban Fantasy, Gone Self-Pub feature.


Jenna BlackDivine Descendant  (Nikki Glass #4)

Red Hot Rain (Nikki Glass, book 4) 

Grab them: Amazon| Goodreads

Is this author going Self pub/indie or small?

Self published!

Important information or news?

To be quite honest I can't find an official post, and I'm not that handy at twitter. There's a goodreads page, a cover, an amazon preoder for 1.99, and both sites confirm May 16th, 2016 as the release date.

So that makes me keep the faith. I hope this bad boy sells well. I've pre-ordered. If it goes well I'm praying for Faeriewalker and Morgan Kingsley to get a revival.

What do we think of the cover(s)?

It fits the series perfectly! I like that the woman's hair is a different style, more wavy. Also that Nikki has her back turned away. (In my mind it's very symbolic.) the cover fits perfectly into the series! Bravo! 

Dark Descendant  (Nikki Glass #1)Deadly Descendant  (Nikki Glass #2)Rogue Descendant  (Nikki Glass #3)

Lisa ShearinWedding Bells, Magic Spells  (Raine Benares #7)

Wedding Bells, Magic Spells (Raine Benares, book 10)

Grab them: Amazon| Goodreads

Is this author going Self pub/indie or small?

Self published.

Important information or news?

Officially released February of 2016!

Okay, okay. This is High Fantasy more than Urban Fantasy. However, I'm interested in this series, it appeals to UF fans, and—hey—I couldn't help myself.

I'd really like to know how it sold, and if the author is encouraged to continue the series. Hmmm, it looks like it's priced at $7.99.

Black's book above is set at $1.99 for a pre-order. Man my need to get a conscis on which sells more, and if the higher or lowever priced books wins is tickling my brain.

What do we think of the cover(s)?

filler

Magic Lost, Trouble Found  (Raine Benares #1)Armed & Magical  (Raine Benares #2)The Trouble with Demons  (Raine Benares #3)Bewitched & Betrayed  (Raine Benares #4)Con & Conjure  (Raine Benares #5)All Spell Breaks Loose  (Raine Benares #6)

Cornelia Funkereckless the golden yarn

The Petrified Flesh (Reckless, book 1)
Living Flesh (Reckless, book 2)
The Golden Yarn (Reckless, book 3)

Grab them: Amazon| Goodreads

Is this author going Self pub/indie or small?

Self published.

Important information or news?

Self-pub, however, I think it's just for the English release of her books. Apparently she refused to make the suggested changes that the American publisher wanted her to make.

After reading this article about that changes the publishers wanted her to make, all I have to say is bravo to her for sticking up for herself.

It's always annoyed me how foreign things are edited so that they are more appealing or less shocking to an English speaking audience. Stop it!

She will be publishing them through her own publishing company, Breathing Books.

What do we think of the cover(s)?

Well first off the fact that the titles are sooooooo different makes it so tough to search and find! The first books are Reckless, Fearless, and The Golden Yarn. However, now the all say Reckless and then have whole new titles! At least the Golden Yarn is The Golden Yarn no matter what. (Now that I've looked for the proper links I think it means the US version series name is Reckless? Either way it's really hard and I'm wondering if it has something to do with rights.)

Now about the art. I LOVE it! Way better than any of the other releases.

reckless the petrified fleshreckless living shadows

Ilona Andrewsone fell sweep  (Innkeeper Chronicles #1)

Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, book 1)
Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, book 2)
One Feel Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, book 3)
 

Grab them: Amazon| Goodreads

Is this author going Self pub/indie or small?

Self Published.

Important information or news?

The series, and each book, actually started as a free online serial. Readers can actually leave comments to the authors, and chapters/parts are released periodically.

Then when they're done with the book, they self pub it. But the serials still stay up for free online. I think it's awesome, and it happens to be one of my favorite series from the pair.

What do we think of the cover(s)?

So no cover for book 3 yet. However, I've always enjoyed the art. I get why people don't like it, but it looks much better to me than some of the covers they've had for their other series. Way better. Besides Sweep in Peace's cover is lovely.

Clean Sweep  (Innkeeper Chronicles #1)Sweep in Peace  (Innkeeper Chronicles #2)

Erica HayesDemon Chained the shadowfae chronicles erica hayes

Demon Chained (Shadowfae Chronicles, book 5) 

Grab them: Amazon| Goodreads

Is this author going Self pub/indie or small?

Self published.

Important information or news?

There really hasn't been any news on this series whether it officially wrapped up the series or not. Or if Demon Chained wrapped it up.

It's been since 2013 so I'm not sure if any more go out.

What do we think of the cover(s)?

Some people have thought this cover is smoking . . . but there is something off about the guy's chest.

Shadowfae  (The Shadowfae Chronicles #1)Shadowglass  (The Shadowfae Chronicles #2)Poison Kissed  (The Shadowfae Chronicles #3)Blood Cursed  (The Shadowfae Chronicles #4)

Lara Adrian Defy the Dawn  (Midnight Breed #14)

Midnight Breed Series 

Grab them: Amazon| Goodreads

All right I'm tired, so I'm phoning this one in. This series has moved to self pub at some point. And the covers are pretty consistent so you can't tell when it went self pub that way. Overall I've heard really great things from fans of the series about it.

No comments: