June 6, 2016

Cover Coveting (8)

 
Cover art is found from Goodreads, Wicked Scribes, ATUF, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

I've been on a super K-drama binge lately. (Which is probably why I have no book on my currently reading shelf. I know, I'm super shocked as well.)

This season of Korean dramas are excellent. Beautiful Gong Shin, Mirror of the Witch, and Dear My Friends are currently my favorite. Lucky Romance isn't as great, but I'm warming up to it.


Darkness Savage by Rachel A Marks

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Darkness Savage  (The Dark Cycle #3) Series: The Dark Cycle, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult  

Shera’s thoughts:

It fits the series well and I  like the magical quality of the cover.

But their hands look super freaky.

Exo by Fonda Lee

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


exo by Fonda Lee Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Sci-Fi

Shera’s thoughts:

First off I did immediately think of my beloved Exo band.

I really like this

Quanta Reset by Lola Dodge

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Quanta Reset  (The Shadow Ravens #3) Series: The Shadow Ravens, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian

Shera’s thoughts:

Love this cover! It fits perfectly with the series and I love the more magical feel to this cover where the others just feel ghostly.

The hair looks awesome. Though I feel like it should be on fire not blowing, but hey.

Scythe by Neal Shusterman

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


scythe Neal Shusterman Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian/Paranormal

Shera’s thoughts:

Simple is best. Man this is a looker. All the right kind of contrast and I love the red hues and cream.

Take the key and Lock her Up by Ally Carter

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Take the Key and Lock Her Up (Embassy Row #3) Series: Embassy Row, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Espionage/Spy

Shera’s thoughts:

Wow! That is a dramatic dress cover.

She started out with pants, went to a dress, and now the dresses are just getting bigger and bigger.

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Bone Witch  (The Bone Witch #1) Series: The Bone Witch, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult High Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

First off this is a stunning cover. Secondly I have issues that the leads name is Tea.

*cough*

Like a said this cover is stunning and I love the overlay of the design with the artwork. The placement of the skull is perfect and takes the ethereal cover to a edgier place.

The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Song Rising  (The Bone Season #3) Series: The Bone Season, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

This cover feels a bit out of place from the first two. I don't like this one as much as the first two.

Which look very beautiful, and despite the art being a bit "more" here it feels colder.

The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Thousandth Floor  (The Thousandth Floor #1) Series: The Thousandth Floor, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction

Shera’s thoughts:

This is so cool! I love that the "tower" is in the sky and that the building is disintegrating from the bottom.

The text is lovely.

No comments: