June 28, 2016

Review: Kate's Crew

Kate's Crew (Powertools, book 1) by Jayne Rylon

Kate's Crew  (Powertools #1) by Jayne Rylon

Genre: Ménage Erotica
Edition Reviewed: Ebook
Amazon: Paperback | Kindle
Goodreads: Kate's Crew (1)

Nothing's sexier than a man, or five, with power tools.
Sultry summer heat has nothing on the five-man crew renovating the house next door. No one could blame Kate for leaning out the window for a better view of the manscape. The nasty fall that follows isn't part of her fantasy--but the man who saves her from splattering the sidewalk is definitely the star.

When Mike personally attends to her injuries, she realizes her white knight in a hard hat has a tender side, giving her no choice but to surrender to the lust that's been arcing between them since day one. In the aftermath of the best sex of her life, she whispers her most secret desire: to be ravaged by his crew.

She never expected Mike would dare her to take what she wants--or that the freedom to make her most decadent desires come true could be the foundation for something lasting...


Review:

Last year I decided to start visiting some of the stories that inducted me into the erotica genres. The ones that made me change my mind about the genre, or the ones that were my first. Kate's Crew was my first M/M, and well M/M/M/F/M/M. Well basically orgy read! Up until that point I had read some threesome books. A Goodreads friend informed me that I was a ménage amour reader and I should check out the Powertools series.

Boy was that an introduction. Because Kate's Crew has so much hot stuff going on. My mind kept blowing up! As maybe one of my 3rd or 4th eroticas at the time I was scandalized. And hooked.

Years later visiting Kate's Crew it still does have some of the hottest (AKA raunchy) erotica ménage scenes I've read. However, it's very character light. It doesn't paint what the characters look like, though you can get a slight general feel for their personalities. Heck, even by the end of the book I wasn't sure what the leads name was. One of the guys has a scary big dick, and they're all really muscular men. I think some hair color was tossed around.

Overall it's underwhelming. But I remember being so attached to the characters, and I think it's because the later books finally develop them. Which I will be very curious to find out as I continue my reread. There's some grammar errors, some odd wording, and I will admit one or two sexual descriptions that made me cringe. However, it's still one of the hottest ménages I have ever read.

Sexual Content: Warning! Warning! Totally graphic. Men on men action and 5 men one woman action.

  
3/5- Adored it, just a few minor details held it back.


Previous book(s) in series:
Reviewed on BW: Amazon: Goodreads:
Kate's Crew (1)
Morgan's Surprise (2)
Kayla's Gift (3)
Devon's Pair (4)
Mailed to the Wall (5)
Hammer it Home (6)
Kate's Crew (1)
Morgan's Surprise (2)
Kayla's Gift (3)
Devon's Pair (4)
Nailed to the Wall (5)
Hammer it Home (6)
Kate's Crew (1)
Morgan's Surprise (2)
Kayla's Gift (3)
Devon's Pair (4)
Nailed to the Wall (5)
Hammer it Home (6)

No comments: