November 3, 2016

Cover Coveting (11)

 
Cover art is found from Goodreads, Wicked Scribes, ATUF, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

I’m a little short on time


The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Crown's Fate  (The Crown's Game #2) Series: The Crown's Game, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult High Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

YESSSSSSS! This is the stylized look that I wanted the first book to have more of. Stunning, lovely!

It's just so pretty.

The Dark Calling by Kresley Cole

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Dark Calling  (The Arcana Chronicles #5) Series: Arcana Chronicles, book 5

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian/Paranormal

Shera’s thoughts:

While I was annoyed with the cover change, I do love this style so much more! Even better is that Cole has been able to keep it going even after going self pub.

Love the volcano and burning tree. Great touches to the burning landscape.

The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Middle Grade Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I love dragon covers, and I really liked the orignal cover. This is the US release.

The dragon may not be in the foreground, but I do like the background feel of him.

Though it feels off how close the dragon is too the girl, but it's wing is all the way back there behind the building.

At first glance it's not noticeable, but I'm picky.

The Gauntlet by Megan Shepherd

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


the gauntlet Series: The Cage, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian

Shera’s thoughts:

Not only are these covers stunning, but I love the consistency!

The "caged" theme is just perfect!

The Keep of Ages by Caragh M. O'Brien

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Keep of Ages Series: The Vault of Dreamers, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian

Shera’s thoughts:

Speaking of themes, The Vault of Dreamers is consistent! Not to mention that despite my creeped out about an eye just being there on the cover it still looks lovely.

These Ruthless Deeds by Tarun Shanker, Kelly Zekas

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


These Ruthless Deeds  (These Vicious Masks #2) Series: These Vicious Masks, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: N/A

Shera’s thoughts:

For some reason I thought this was totally different from the first cover in look and feel. Now that I've refreshed my memory I realize it does fit pretty well.

I do prefer this one though.

The Turn by Kim Harrison

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


theturn Series: Hollows, 0.1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Okay. Guys this is a Prequel to the series. Not sure if this will be a series itself or not.

I'm kind of astonished that it's a dress cover. It is eye catching, but I like the gritty feeling of the older covers.

Thick as Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Thick as Thieves  (The Queen's Thief #5) Series: The Queen's Thief, book 5

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I don't know why but I get The Little Prince vibes off of this.

This is a huge change in cover style for the series. I wonder if the first book will be getting a makeover then?

Wicked Abyss by Kresley Cole

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Wicked Abyss  (Immortals After Dark #18) Series: Immortals After Dark, book 18

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

Huh, I thought I had posted this. It just got stashed in my Cover Coveting folder.

Oh, wait. I did post for her other PNR series in this verse. 

Ooops.

Again, I don't care for them.

Wicked Like a Wildfire by Lana Popovic

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Wicked Like a Wildfire  (Hibiscus Daughter #1) Series: Hibiscus Daughter, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Wow, this is a looker!

Love the artwork and all the little subtle things. Like the spider web, peacock feather petals, and everything.

The colors! Oh, and the font for the title.

Wild Embrace by Nalini Singh

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


wildembrace Series: Psy-Changeling, books 2.5, 5.1, 11.5, 12.1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

This is a short story collection so I get it can't have the awesome covers that the series has been having.

No comments: