December 16, 2016

Cover Coveting (5)

 
Cover art is found from Goodreads, Wicked Scribes, ATUF, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

About 2014 I caught BBC America's The Three Musketeers. It was only season 1 at the time, but I've recently remembered that I'd really like to watch the rest of the series.

So since last week, and a bit of this week, I talked about movies I thought I'd throw out a TV recommendation perfect for book worms. The Three Musketeers by BBC America!

I enjoyed the changes and flourishes that the writers took with it, and I am excited to see where the series will go.


Summoner Rising by Melanie McFarlane

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Summoner Rising Series: Laws of Summoning , book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

Oooooo, what a dramatic cover!  The symbol behind the type reminds me of The Chronicles of Nick ones.

I really love the sound o fthis series!

The Edge of the Abyss by Emily Skrutskie

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Edge of the Abyss  (The Abyss Surrounds Us #2) Series: The Abyss Surrounds Us, book 2 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Ahhhhhh!!! I love it! I have been highly anticipating this cover all year.

I love the "Edge" in the title! I mean the whole title is awesome, but that's my favorite bit.

So first we got the awesome eye and now the creepy tentacles. I want more books in the series so I can get more cool monster covers.

The Gauntlet by Karuna Riazi

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Gauntlet Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Middle Grade Steampunk

Shera’s thoughts:

I really love the covers that the middle grade books have been getting lately.

I feel like rarely the artwork gets skimped out on.

The Secret Science of Magic by Melissa Keil

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Secret Science of Magic Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary

Shera’s thoughts:

The art style and design caught my eyes! This isn't my usual drama, but it looks great.

The simple vector art can always be fun.

The Darkest Promise by Gena Showalter

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


thedarkestpromisebygenashowalter Series: Lords of the Underworld, book 13

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

It fits the series well.

I don't like how her shoulders and boobs are normal, but then her waist is super tapered.

No comments: