February 28, 2017

Review: Coach

Coach (Breeders, book 1) by Alexa Riley

Coach  (Breeding #1)

Genre: Contemporary Erotica (Breeder genre)
Edition Reviewed: Ebook
Amazon: Paperback | Kindle
Goodreads: Coach (1)

Retiring from the NFL was the right decision, and at thirty years old, I've done things most people could only dream of. After all I've accomplished, coaching high school football should be easy...but when you've got a distraction in the form of a nerdy girl with curves, things can get complicated.
She's a student, she's barely legal, and she's my best friend’s daughter.
I didn't know what desire was until Megan. I had no idea obsession could drive someone insane, until I saw her. I wasn't prepared for the fact that once I laid eyes on Megan my life would really begin.

I have to have her, no matter what the cost. I have to breed her and bind her to me so tightly she can't ever get away. She'll be mine, even if I have to take her.

Warning: this book is ridiculous, over the top, completely unbelievable, and pretty much just about breeding the heroine. If you're okay with that, welcome to my dirty, dirty book! Just remember, I warned you.


Review:

Breeders. Who knew that was a thing? I didn't. However, after discovering the crazy world of monster erotica nothing should surprise me at this point. Childbearing has never been something that has interested me. The whole idea, ordeal, and result does not thrill me. Imagine my surprise upon finding that I was curious after reading the synopsis and wanted to find out what Breeder Erotica was like.

In the hands of another author I probably would have bashed out my brains right away. Instead I felt like I was reading a comedy! I laughed so much. From the hilarious female lead's geeky humor and the sex scenes. I'm sure I was supposed to take the sex parts more seriously, but I couldn't. Don't get me wrong the writing is not bad, however the sexual descriptions and terms weren't for me. So I ended up laughing more than anything else.

Which is fine. I think sex and comedy go hand and hand. Heck there are tons of humorous erotica themed books out there. Normally I don't find them funny. More like they're trying too hard. However, I think because Coach is probably not supposed to be a total comedy is why it felt effortlessly funny to me.

Overall I think it depends on the person as to what they'll think. While the way the female lead accepted her relationship makes for a happy ending and fits with the laughability of the book, I think it was very unrealistic. At least a punch should have come flying. Father's should always have the urge to punch the man screwing their daughters. Either way try it out, it's short and at the very least has brilliant nerd humor. (Despite my low rating I feel compelled to laugh at the next book.)

Content Warning: Well there's lots of explicit sex. So she's not a minor, but she was still in school. Laughable sexual descriptions that may annoy some. Unrealistic sexual things and resolved to ending. However, aren't all these sexy time books a fantasy? ^_-

  
1/5 - Couldn't finish it or wished I hadn't.


Previous book(s) in series:
Reviewed on BW: Amazon: Goodreads:
Coach (1)
Mechanic (2)
Thief (3)

Coach (1)
Mechanic (2)
Thief (3)

Coach (1)
Mechanic (2)
Thief (3)

No comments: